[PD] Gem Reduction CVS compile error

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 16 22:12:29 CET 2004

Zitiere thewade <pdman at aproximation.org>:
> I need some help.
>
> As as we all have become painfully aware, I have not been able to
> compile Gem. I need to be shut up, and to thoes ends I am asking for
> some debugging help.
>
> Heres the situation.
>
> The configure script for Gem (Gem/src/Gnu/configure) tries to compile
> the following as an attempt to detect -lGL:
>
> gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -L/usr/X11R6/lib conftest.c -lGL  -Wl,-shared
> -Wl,-export-dynamic -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11  1>&5
>
> And fails. When I try to compile removing the -Wl,-shared portion of the
> line I get success. What does this mean? I cannot remove this flag from
> the configure script because then the build will fail, right?
> In short, If I trick the configure script to passing this portion, then
> will the build fail later?

well, i'd say: try it, what do you have to lose ?

you could also try the "--enable-static" flag for the configure (on my machine
it then fails to find the the GL-libraries -- so maybe...)

i have never tried to link Gem only statically against all the libraries needed.
on my system it fails (but i have nvidia's openGL-drivers which are dynamic only).
and of course, you will have to build gem again once you want hw-acceleration...

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes