[PD] Netsend multiple values

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 17 07:58:47 CET 2004

Zitiere Max Neupert <max at revolwear.com>:

> Last attempt:
>
> A question about the netsend object: how to send two coordinates in
> one
> value such as x= 395, y= 693 to a netsend message 395;693?
> (see attached patch)
> I do not want to use pack, because I receive the data in a terminal by a
> c++
> app.
> Can I use makefilename to combine the data in one value?

you can use whatever you want.
using [pack] is very simple, and your c++ (or whatever) application shouldn't
have to much trouble with it, as it is a simple string with spaces delimited.
using [makefilename] might be problematic as it only eats one arguments.
a solution to pack several atoms into a single symbol might be zexy's [l2s]
(list2symbol)

or you could use 2 different messages for sending the 2 values (not 1 single
message)
e.g: [send x $1( and [send y $1(
and if you really hate these spaces (for whatever reasons), you could use
[makefilename] or the special uses of $ to construct messages like

[123\

[makefilename x=%f]

[send $1(

[netsend]