[PD] couple of questions (take your pick)

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 17 08:08:23 CET 2004

Zitiere chris tyrrell <shaper_mechanist at yahoo.co.uk>:

> advice i see some useful info there, although i also
> see that you seem awful cranky, you should take it
> easy more :-).....thankyou bye....

hi.
indeed it appears to me too that i am somewhat "cranky" in the last few days.
(probably longer ? who knows)
i have been ill (nothing serious) and probably that's why i was (am?) ill
tempered too.

anyhow, i fully agree that newbie's shouldn't apologize for their questions.
we all were newbies once, and how should anyone become an expert without being
allowed to ask questions ?

but how should someone help another one without being allowed to know the
problem ? i'm reading this mailing-list quite long know and sometimes i become
tired of "it doesn't work - please help me" emails.

and, you are right, try using "-verbose" when encountering errors, as the
information is often really useful; esp. where the abstraction/library is trying
to be found might prove helpful (i guess this is a problem with your percolate
install to - if you don't want to "-lib /my/path/to/percolate" you can also try
"-path /my/path/to -lib percolate"

mfg.adr.
IOhannes