[PD] audio-clicks with loading samples

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Mar 17 10:07:27 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Eric Skogen hat gesagt: // Eric Skogen wrote:
>
> > I know [readanysf~] was supposed to tackle this, but I haven't used it.
> > Anyone have experience with that?
>
> readanysf~ doesn't load sounds into arrays, so if you need them there
> you're out of luck, but in general I love readanysf~

readanysf~ is very convenient if you are dealing with different compressed
file formats. I normally prefer to convert my sound data into an
uncompressed format before, and then using the builtin sounfile reader,
which saves you some CPU cycles which are otherwise needed for
decompression. If I need varyspeed I use sfread~ from ggee.
Of course, in some situations you cannot do that (e.g. on windows).
I think Olaf made a port of sfread~ for windows (although this might
have been a rewrite rather).

Guenter