[PD] pd watchdog/ non-root realtime priority?

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Mar 18 13:08:02 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, derek holzer wrote:
> Answering my own posts again... isn't it lovely to see someone else's
> thought processes in motion? ;-)
>
> Anyway... I thought I remembered some discussion a while back on this
> topic, so an archive-hunt turned up a source patch for PD. I'll try this
> later, but can I ask Guenter.... did this not make it into CVS or normal
> PD 0.37.1 release?

Yes, it surely is included in the devel_0_37 branch.
The watchdog should not bark at 50%, so there is something
wrong. Did you take a look at the system performance with top ?
Probably there are other processes that eat up all you CPU ?
Does this happen always or just with a specific patch ?
Are you using jack ?
(more questions than answers, I know)

Guenter