[PD] pd on gentoo -> only errors

Gabriel Westmaas westmaas at indra.net
Fri Mar 19 14:45:46 CET 2004

Hi Harald,

I was having issues compiling on two new gentoo installations, I did two
different fixes and they both worked.  My pd compilation was failing when it
tried to compile expr~, is that where yours fails?  Here are the two fixes I
used:

1) I downgraded gcc to 3.2.3r5.
2) I changed the name of variables in the source code of vexp_if.c.
Apparently having a variable named "exp" is not standard C since it shadows
a c library function (exp in cmath).  So there were a few places that used
"exp" (make sure you change the function definition /and/ the body of the
function where it is used.

HTH,
Gabe