[PD] pd on gentoo -> only errors

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri Mar 19 16:52:10 CET 2004

Hi Harald,

I am not using 2.6 yet, but I found that PD would not make with the
USE="alsa" flag enabled.

try:

#export USE="-alsa"
#emerge -pv pd  [to check what other USE flags are enabled for it]
#emerge pd

and let me know what it does. could be related to this funny
"--enable-alsa" compiler flag which actually *disables* alsa. when will
they get that fixed?

d.

Harald Schilly wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I did a complete reinstallation of my gentoo box, but pd failed to
> compile -- no matter which version i tried.
> So, are there any hints? Does it depend on the gcc version? I use kernel
> 2.6 with alsa, any known problems? Has anyone else managed to install it
> on gentoo?
>
> any help appreciated and tell me, if i you want any details,
> Harald

derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 71:
"Fill every beat with something"