[PD] error: .x8a96420: no such object

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri Mar 19 22:47:29 CET 2004

> On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>
> > > Does that happen while opening/closing of windows?  What are the
> > > other symptoms, apart from the error message?
> > usually i happens while closing a patch ... well, the patch doesn't
> > close properly, all objects vanish, but the window doesn't close...
>
> Are you sure all objects vanish? I made tests using hundreds of
> objects in Pd, and when I moved or deleted stuff, almost all of the
> stuff vanished, but there are apparently some kind of dropouts in the
> client-server connection, which means it loses some messages or part
> of messages when there are too many object operations. This is in
> addition to having audio dropouts at once, and so I would very much
> like to solve at least one of the two problems, and as much as
> possible the two at once...
currently i can't reproduce these errors, and i don't have enough time
to test it completely right now ...

anyway, i think the combination of yves' patch / toxy and pd's core
isn't working very good ... but on the other hand i can't use my patch
without yves' patch without getting clicks :-(

cheers...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,