[PD] bug: sorry, couldn't find help patch for "loadbang.pd"

ClaudiusMaximus gloriousclaudiusmaximus at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 03:38:24 CET 2004

Bug: sorry, couldn't find help patch for "loadbang.pd"

Problem: There is no help-loadbang.pd in /usr/lib/doc/5.reference

Solution: someone who knows exactly how [loadbang] works should make
one.

What does the inlet in [loadbang] do?  I tried banging it and got:

error: loadbang: no method for 'bang'
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.

Is there a doc somewhere about [loadbang] in relation to abstractions
and creation order?  I just tried to load a patch which has an
abstraction with a [loadbang] that is connected to a [send $1] but the
[loadbang] obviously banged before the calling patch was built enough to
receive it.  I'm working on working around this behaviour in the patch
concerned, it feels inconvenient even though I can see the logic in the
behaviour.