[PD] Good PD programming practice?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Mar 23 17:07:00 CET 2004

Hallo,

> So I think that with efforts such as this one, we can begin to figure
> out how to manage large scale patcher projects.  I concede that patcher
> languages will probably not be as good as procedural or object-oriented
> languages at large scale projects, but I think things can get a lot
> better.

Let me add, that patcher systems make very good "glue" environments
Take something like VASP: It's a huge, C++ library, which in the end
is glued together by Pd. So Pd lets developers more or less ignore GUI
stuff or DAC/ADC interfacing, because that's what Pd does for them.

This makes Pd similar to scripting languages - although Larry will
insist that Guile is better at this for sure. ;)

ciao