[PD] Re: New PDP/PiDiP for OSX

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Wed Mar 24 15:42:55 CET 2004

Hello all!

>>> On Wednesday, March 24, 2004, at 01:35 PM, Yves Degoyon wrote:
>>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> oh, ok, that was this :
>>> i forgot to include the /usr/local/lib libraries in the tarball,
>>> now, it's fixed and the release is 22.6 MB ( ufff ).
>>>
>>> but, by the way, i received some very unfriendly mails
>>> from MAC users ( consumers ) UNHAPPY with their product
>>> as if they were writing to a company dealer,
>>> this makes you feel like wanting to give up support for MAC,
>>> if not others, more friendly,
>>> would not have tried to understand what happened
>>> ( why i will not give up ).
>>> but, some are blacklisted here now...
>>>
>>> ciao,
>>> sevy

I second Patrick. Maybe people are just excited about this and
overreact.

Now for the thing: is the tarball in the exact same place?:

http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pdp_pidip_osx.tar.gz

can't seem to reach it...

>>> i still get
>>> /usr/X11R6/lib/libXv.1.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
>>>
>>> does anyone have this lib or can it be included in the tarball?
>>> if it is not used maybe i can fool it
>>
>> Hrm. Did you do a full install of Apple's X11? Cos I have it on my
>> 10.3
>> system.

As for /usr/X11R6/lib/libXv.1.dylib, I do have it too. X11 regular
distribution with 10.3.

Cheers to all
Ivan