[PD] Red Hat 9 or Fedora for Pure Data / RME ?

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Mar 24 19:10:36 CET 2004

Hello

I have an RME Hammerfall sound card, and under Windows XP there are some
latency problems with Pure Data

When I first tried to use this card under Linux, there was some complex ALSA
driver problems, but they may have been fixed today, so I'm planning on
installing a completely new Linux for sound and video applications (mostly Pure
Data / GEM / Ardour / etc)

The idea is to install the PlanetCCRMA packages, that work with Red Hat 9 or
Fedora Core 1. Which one is the best for using Pure Data with an Hammerfall
sound card (Multiface) ?

Thanks,