[PD] Brealing down FFT info

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Mar 25 02:41:30 CET 2004

Hello sweetist of lists,

I have a question about fft~ and what it outputs:

I want to be able to analize the data that comes out of rfft~ as individual bins in order from 0 to n-1 where n = samples divided by 2.

I assume that this is what rfft~ emits every cycle, so if I were to make an object dsp_analize_tilde, this object would get in its signal port a pointer to an array of information?

Is there a simple peice of code that I could use either as a template, or as something to reverse engineer? I am intermediate with C++, but the C code I\'ve seen (Ive written a simple external based on info from the iem.at tutorial) isint always entirely clear.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
-thewade