[PD] [GEM] Iterating geos trick

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Mar 25 10:28:17 CET 2004

Zitiere Johannes Taelman <j0 at advalvas.be>:

> I've found a trick to use one gemhead and one gem-geo-object to render
>
> multiple instances of the same geo. This could be very usefull to create

pretty, but there are simpler ways. (and faster it seems on my machine; and more
stable)

for this kind of things,  i use [repeat] (zexy) which repeats anything that
appears on the left inlet a number of times (changeable with the second inlet;
btw: [repeat] *need*s an argument (initial repetition-cound)), e.g.: gemlists.

this makes the "lister"-constuct you used obsolete, and reduced the number of
dependencies (zexy/iemlib -> zexy)

similar functionality is hidden in the [part_render] and [part_info] objects.

and no, i don't think i will include a [gemlist]-container object (that does
exactly what [repeat] does)

mfg.cas.dr
IOhannes