[PD] Re: New PDP/PiDiP for OSX

Ivan Franco ivan.franco at ydreams.com
Thu Mar 25 12:33:47 CET 2004

>> Now for some feedback:
>> . pdp_ieee1394 doesn't load (I noticed most of the examples were
>> built around the usage of
>> cameras). I tried both usb and firewire cam's (should be recognized
>> by system before loading object?)
>
> yes, launch pd once the camera is plugged on and sending data.
>
> sevy

It still doesn't seem to work. Can't load. I've been trying to use
webcams inside both Gem and now PDP.

So I'm reporting (since I believe Yves told that part of
[pdp_ieee1394] was based on [pix_video_darwin].

I can use my webcam with the previous binary distribution of Gem that
came with Hans's installer (0.87 - Aug. 6 2003).
Pix_video works as expected. Although, when trying to use the most
recent bin build of Gem
(GemG4, from http://taproot.dyndns.org/~cgc/downloads/index.html) I get:

GEM: pix_videoDarwin: no video yet
pix_videoDarwin: SGIdle failed.

as pix_videoDarwin been disabled? I worked previously!! ...

no Pix_video, no pdp_ieee1394!! :-(

Cheers all
Ivan

PS. using logitech Quickcam Pro 4000, OSX 10.3. Webcam works ok with
other sw.

________________________________

Ivan Franco

ivan.franco at ydreams.com
http://www.iilab.com/ivan/

YDreams SA
http://www.ydreams.com

Disclaimer and Confidentiality Notice:
YDreams accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard
to the information herein contained.
This message including any attachment hereof is confidential and may be
privileged or otherwise legally
protected from disclosure and may only be read, copied and used by the
intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately (+351 21
294 9683) and delete this email and
any attachment permanently from your system. You must not copy this
email or any attachment or disclose
its/their contents to any other person or entity. Thank you.