[PD] Re: (im)pd0.37.1-mingw

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Mar 27 21:25:45 CET 2004

On Saturday, Mar 27, 2004, at 12:09 America/New_York, carmen wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 05:52:40PM +0100, Tom Schouten wrote:
>
>> did you by chance try a crosscompile from linux?
>> maybe this is madness as the debian mingw packages i use are clearly
>> marked experimental, but the first trials i did with the pdp core
>> seem to
>> build, including dlls (standalone pdp though, no pd)
>
> havent tried that, my mac is running debian though so thx for the tip,
> could be interesting to have a script spit out fresh builds for all 3
> platforms at once...
>
> i relaly dont know much about C or makefiles/autoconf etc, but there
> appears to be a sort of chicken & egg situation with the linking,
> whereby youll need to change the pd.a and ptdcl.a to pd.lib and
> pdtcl.lib left over from previous windows compiles the first time you
> run it. this could absolutely just be me not knowing how to properly
> arrange stuff in the makefile though.
>
> attached is the difff between the current -r impd_0_37 cvs and the
> mingw-happy version, if you feel like giving it a shot...
> <mingw.diff>

This is really great, it'll make regular Windows releases much easier.
Want to take a stab at the externals collection also?  Check
externals/build/win, you can add a MinGW Makefile there, that's where
the nmake one is.

Once we have one working mingw makefile for the non-flext externals,
it'll be quite easy to do the rest.