[PD] pd start&alsa (maybe OT)

plessas at sbox.tugraz.at plessas at sbox.tugraz.at
Mon Mar 29 01:14:42 CEST 2004

Dear List,

spent a great deal of today's sunday installing alsa 1.0 for my rme-hdsp card,
and compiling pd 0.37.1 from sourceforge. when trying to start pd and enabling
the alsa feature in >Media i get:

using non-interleaved audio input
Sample width set to 4 bytes
ALSA: set input channels to 14
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:324:(snd_pcm_hw_hw_params) SNDRV_PCM_IOCTL_HW_PARAMS failed:
Operation not permitted
snd_pcm_hw_params (input): Operation not permitted
pd: pcm.c:4915: snd_pcm_sw_params_current: Assertion `pcm->setup' failed.
Pd: signal 6
pd_gui: pd process exited

Perhaps thats me doing sth. wrong with permissions, and it might not be
connected tp pd as well, though there might be someone giving me a hint what i
could do to solve this.

Thank you and have a nice week!

Peter Plessas