[PD] zexy questions (matrix stuff) & other

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Mar 29 18:51:34 CEST 2004

yasmin ahmad wrote:
> Hi list,

hi

> General question:
> A number of gurus have mentioned using the -verbose option to keep track of what goes wrong. How do I put this in the .bat file used to start pd?

by adding the "-verbose" literal after the pd-command.
it should look somehow like
"C:\pd\bin\pd.exe -verbose -path /super/dooper/ -lib zexy "
(me, blushing about zexy)

> Next, I'm getting to know the zexy matrix functions and I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. I can't seem to extract the value of just one element in a matrix other than using a static message eg. [element 4 3( .
>    How can I just get one element dynamically?

by using dynamic messages as is shown in
doc/2.control.examples/14.dollarsigns.pd

basically it is like

[pack]
|    |
[element $1 $2(

[mtx]

> 2. Is there a limit to the dimensions of a matrix?

none that i know of,
the only limitation should be your computer's RAM (and note that pd is
rather inefficient in terms of memory)

mfg.a.sdr
IOhannes