[PD] pd 0.37.1 Windows installer release candidate

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Tue Mar 30 05:41:25 CEST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Windows has no .pdrc unfortunately.  Anyone know why the .pdrc file is
> disabled on Windows?  I know my .emacs file works fine with Emacs NT,
> so Windows can do files that start with a ".".

Okay, I'm a bit tired of seeing that Windows doesn't have pdrc support...
so here's one fix for that. In the IMPD branch I have patched s_main.c and
s_path.c so that it looks for .pdrc in one additional directory, which is
the main directory of Pd.

For example:
	Linux default: /usr/local/lib/pd/
	Other common default: /usr/lib/pd/
	My setup: /home/matju/lib/pd/
	Windows: c:/program/pd/

Essentially I am using the value of sys_libdir.

This could (and probably should) be ported over to the devel_0_37 branch.

The #ifdef UNIX part is down to two lines, and I guess a similar #ifdef
MSW could be added, which would check for both $HOMEPATH and $HOME, using
GetEnvironmentVariable instead of getenv, but I don't have any win32 to
test, so I will let someone else do it, if anyone feels a need for it.