[PD] pdp_pidip_osx

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Mar 31 03:20:39 CEST 2004

i wasn't so precise in last answer.

Marc Pinnekamp wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I am really new in all this stuff, so therefor I hope my question is
> not to stupid.

it's not.

> I have the pdp_pidip_osx version from sevy up and running, using MAC
> OSX 10.3 and Apples X11. Quicktime and everxthing else is fine.
> No I was trying the pdp_ieee1394 with an Isight and get a: pdp_glx:
> invalid packet header.
> Can someone help me out what I am doing wrong?

it could be that your device only works in rgb mode and then that packets
coming out of pdp_ieee1394 are just inconsistent.
but that's a mystery to me what device will or will not work...
the thing is pdp/pidip for OSX only works with devices
that support YUV mode
( again, i only tested it with a DV ).

suerte,
sevy