[PD] pdp_text [dynamic input]

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Mar 31 22:54:17 CEST 2004

sara at x-i.net wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm having a problem with getting the text object running properly. I installed
>the font according Yves install notes, but when i try to use the text_help
>patch, it gives me only small rectangles instead of letters.

i've checked on the Mac here, seems to be ok.

could you check if the font is well installed ::

 > ls -l /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/

should give you this :

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        52724 Mar  8 18:20 helmetr.ttf

or something similar.

>Also; we're trying to use dynamic text input via netreceive, but it doesn't
>seem
>to work:
>
>pdp_text : add : wrong arguments
>
>Is it actually possible to get dynamic text in the pdp_text object?

if you receive your input from netreceive,
you have to use a list2symbol object from zexy
in between.

ciao,
sevy