.pdrc for Windows WAS: Re: [PD] pd 0.37.1 Windows installer release candidate

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 1 11:08:43 CEST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> > and being at this, we would like a command flag "-rcfile <file>" to
> > solely use another rcfile.
>
> That could be an interesting option, though I'm trying to keep in mind
> that there will be a pdrc editor dialog real soon now and what would be a
> good way for that dialog to handle -rcfile and defaults and
> fallbacks/merges/overrides/however-we-call-it, in a friendly manner...

Actually I was thinking of -rcfile as "including" another rcfile, which
would be doable from inside another rcfile, just like all other options
can be put in an rcfile (though I admit it's weird to put -listdev or
-help in an rcfile... heh)

I wasn't exactly thinking of the possibility of using a given rcfile
_instead_ of the default rcfile lookup, and actually, both behaviours seem
to be useful in some way... so would we need two options for that or...?