.pdrc for Windows WAS: Re: [PD] pd 0.37.1 Windows installer release candidate

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Thu Apr 1 21:09:31 CEST 2004

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Martin Peach wrote:
>

>>I would suggest keeping it simple and having a pd.bat file as is
>>currently the case. There is nothing you can do in .pdrc that you
>>can't do in pd.bat, right? The code for .pdrc simply parses .pdrc as a
>>command line.
>>

> Sure, us Linux/OSX users can have the Pdrc editor working, while retro
> dudes on Losedows can edit PD.BAT in NotePad.
>
> BDSM types can replace NotePad by EDLIN.COM and wear black leather
> underwear while doing it.
>
> Right?

...or else make a dll for the dozerz that intercepts directx calls to the
graphics card and decides if the mouse is clicking on a file called .pdrc.
Then add a bunch of cryptically enhanced entries to the registry that
specify which directories this works in and also how long the feature
lasts before the default user's credit card is automagically debited for
the upgrade.

Martin