[PD] re: pref inheritance / snapshot saving

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Tue Apr 6 10:43:42 CEST 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Have you checked out the [state] object?  It does this, albeit it
> doesn't save the state of every GUI obj.  But its better than nothing.

It did save the state of GUI objects initially. This feature got lost
during the inclusion of the GUI objects into pd itself. Yes, it would
be easy to add it again, but we already discussed the drawbacks of such
a system. Personally I use state a lot, because it saves me a lot of
headaches. Its not perfect, but for me it does it's  job perfectly.
I am open for suggestions and additions.

Guenter