[PD] [OS 10.2.8]Questions on Pd and the ZL object...............

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 8 00:26:09 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 7, 2004, at 14:09 America/New_York, chun lee wrote:

> hello:
>
> I am a Pd newbie on Mac OS 10.2.8 and have a few questions about Pd in
> general and the 'zl' object.
>
> 1. where does Pd keeps all its externals? For example, I have try to
> locate
> externals by making a search (apple key+f) at the finder and I can't
> find
> anything.

What happened to #2? ;)  Anyway, this depends on where and how you
installed Pd.  If you used the installer, then the externals are
installed into /usr/local/lib/pd/extra.

.hc

> 3. I have just encountered a problem with the 'zl' object. I was using
> 'zl
> nth' and the whole Pd quits when the the input list is about size of
> 32.
> Couldn't find its help file either. Is that the limits of the object?
>
> 4. also, I could not find info on zl in the online documentation at
> http://pd.iem.at/pdb/index.html

pdb is a great resource, but unfortunately, since it has to be manually
updated, it doesn't get updated much.  So it shouldn't be taken as
definitive.  The easiest way to find out what objects are installed on
your computer is to look in the above mentioned externals directory.

.hc