[PD] makenote and duplicate notes

William Fields bill at teamtechno.com
Thu Apr 8 16:54:35 CEST 2004

I am using "makenote" and I am running into a problem with duplicate
notes.  If I tell it to send note 32 with duration 2000ms, then 1000ms
later I tell it to send the same note (32 with duration 2000ms), the
second note gets cut off after 1000ms by the first note's note-off
message.  The second note-off message is still sent but is useless because
the note is no longer playing.  See my illustration below.

I would like the first note to stop when the second one is triggered, like
this:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Bill