[PD] Re: Gaining access to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra in the Finder?

James Tittle II tigital at mac.com
Thu Apr 8 18:47:52 CEST 2004

On Apr 8, 2004, at 10:41 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> How about working with me to include Gem/etc in the standard distro?
> Having one working distro would be much better than three half-working
> distros.  On a basic level, Gem just needs to be able to be compiled
> on via a Makefile issuing commands.  Then the whole thing can be built
> by typing "make darwin_app".  I've got almost everything in the Pd CVS
> working in this way, it would be great to have Gem added to this.

...sounds good to me, because we'll need several versions anyway: G3,
G4, G5 versions of pd, impd with all the goodies...of course, it may be
possible to make loadable .dylibs of the different targets, but that's
a whole 'nother can of worms...

...I believe chris already uses a makefile only build system...perhaps
with the impending Gem release, we can import it to the pd externals
repository?

l8r,
jamie