[PD] makenote and duplicate notes

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Apr 9 09:07:15 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:

> On Thursday 08 April 2004 13:54, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > If you want polyphony, you need to use [poly] afterwards and route
> > notes accordingly. A [poly 1 1] will implicitly create a note-off
> > before the second note comes, whereas a [poly 1] (== [poly 1 0]) will
> > simply ignore the second, overlapping note altogether. ([poly 2 1]
> > will route it to the second voice.)
>
> Ouch, so much for using Poly as is on my current project then. It apparently
> needs to be enhanced a bit, because what you're saying, it seems that Poly
> doesn't allow overlapping notes with the same key. Hopefully you're wrong
> about this - it  would definitly be a bit unexpected if poly would not allow
> more than one note on the same key.

Note, that my example used [poly 1], which is a poly with just 1
single voice. It would definitly be a bit unexpected if poly *would*
allow more than one note at the same time at all in that case. ;)

If you'd have a [poly 2] or more than poly does allow overlapping
notes of the same key, it plays both on different voices.

ciao