[PD] allpass~ and phase shifting

Stefan Turner stefan_turner at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 9 12:01:46 CEST 2004

Hi list,

I am trying to figure out how to write an average
guitar-pedal-style (to start off with) phase shifter
using allpass~, but from what I have found about
digital phase shifters, you need to use allpass
filters where the delay of each input sine component
is dependant upon the frequency. As far as I can tell,
allpass~ only allows a constant delay. So while you
can do a comb filter using it, I don't see how
phase-shifting is possible. Any help would be
appreciated!

Cheers
Stefan