[PD] Audio trouble (2 in 6 out refused) - Mac OS X

pdlist at jlndrr.net pdlist at jlndrr.net
Fri Apr 9 17:08:48 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Two sound card issues that you may resolve (I use the stable package
from Hans for Mac OS X):

1 - I've got an annoying problem with my audio settings: I have an USB
5.1 box, wich work natively with core audio, but if I try to set as 2
input / 6 output it gave me the following error:

     error: portaudio: number of input and output channels must match

if  I try to "lie" to PD, setting 6 in / 6 out, I logically got:

      Error number -9999 occured opening portaudio stream
      Error message: Invalid number of channels.

Is it a known PD issue? Or is it an OS X issue?

2 - Is there a way to use multiple sound interface simultaneously with
PD. I have a project where I would like to gather the input (very
basically : sound/no sound) from dozens of sound inputs.

Thanks to all for the riche information I have found here, and special
thanks to all the developpers and packagers!

jln