[PD] [Gem]-window clone...

aym3ric stm-sq at bleu255.com
Fri Apr 9 19:51:39 CEST 2004

> i was just wondering if it's possible to clone the content of one Gem
> window into another and how to do so.

nope.
only one instance can be called.

> the problem occured to me when i did a projection onto a monitor that
> was out of sight for me and i needed just a small
> control-monitoring-window on the computer to see what's actually going
> on.

simply use a video spliter, either vga, svideo, composite, whatever,
depending on your setup.

something like that http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=1377
i think you can find cheaper ones using only CRT and not DVI

if you have a video out on your board, you could just clone the whole
video and use either your vga out or svideo out to monitor.
Then, Gem should be of course running in fullscreen and you may need to
use for example a midi controller to interact with your patch.

A full software solution could be the use of gem2pdp and use a pdp
window as a monitoring thingy, but you're gonna kill down your
framerate.

aym3ric.