[PD] Audio trouble (2 in 6 out refused) - Mac OS X

pdlist at jlndrr.net pdlist at jlndrr.net
Sat Apr 10 20:05:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

  1 - I just tryed with Soundflower, a virtual CoreAudio soundcard for
OS X, wich gave me 16 in - 16 out (all "fake").
So I choosed SoundFlower as my 6 inputs, and my USB 5.1 Box as my 6
output. It works now!! (but I lost my inputs until i found some routing
app.)

  2 - For my second problem (multiple inputs from multiple soundcards),
if someone know of a little intermediary app (for OS X, coreAudio) that
will allow me to reroute as this:

[2x8 in w/8 cheap sound boxes]-> [some routing app ; 16 out
w/SoundFlower]-> [PD 16 in w/SoundFlower]

  -- By the way, don't everybody think that this is an important
limitation of PD? I heard of Jack, but it seem that it don't work well
on Mac OS X, plus I don't really understand how it will get over the 1
soundcard limitation.

Is there some plan to have PD manage more than one sound input device
at a time?

Anyway, it's a pleasure to begin to work with PD, a software supported
by such a big community, with a lot of very responsive and passionate
people!
jln