[PD] pdp_pidip: ffmpeg/meg4ip [gentoo]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sat Apr 10 23:26:49 CEST 2004

aym3ric wrote:

> using gentoo distfiles for such thing is not a good idea and is not
> handy to have access to source dir...

I thought it would work ok. Hate to be a distro-dummy, tho.... [Not that
Gentoo is a dummy's distro, of course!]

> so  unmerge ffmpeg and mpeg4ip if it's
> on your system and go get the cvs sources (it will compile fine within
> gentoo, no worries)
>
> recent cvs were working fine but sevy's recommandations are to use
> ffmpeg-cvs-2003-03-04.tar.gz

I'll try tomorrow, first thing.

> emerging things brings you sources files (sometimes patched
> and with alternate configurations) not directly accessible by the user.
> i guess that if you extract the ffmpeg gentoo package from your
> /usr/portage/distfiles and make pidip point to it, it would also work

That is precisely what I did... copied the downloaded package from the
DISTFILES folder to another directory and pointed the configure script
at it.

> (in reality it won't cause the ffmpeg from portage doesn't have the
> stuff recquired by pidip right now)

This is true. It is sorely lacking.

> who promised me some chili cooking once ... :]

What are you doing tomorrow night?

d.
[who still cooks a mean curry...]

--