[PD] Audio trouble (2 in 6 out refused) - PA19?

carmen ix at replic.net
Sun Apr 11 01:06:51 CEST 2004

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 03:50:57PM -0700, Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, it seems that an Audigy 2 NX may be usable after all, even though I'm not on OSX--there's
> probably something similar for other OSes. I'd agree that this is a pretty important limitation. I'd love to
> try coding something to fix this if somebody would point me to the resources I'd need.

does anyone know if portaudio v19 allows a mismatching number of ins and outs? cant find anything that says it does, but they do claim you can now transparently mix & match various APIs (say a few outputs from ASIO, a few from MME, or a few Jack a few CoreAudio, etc...) across multiple cards, and a new built-in blocking i/o (right now pd has its own wrapper on top of pablio which itself is a wrapper to some portaudio binnis...)