[PD] Access to /usr/local/lib/pd/extra..........my solution

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Apr 11 21:23:40 CEST 2004

On Sunday, Apr 11, 2004, at 03:46 America/New_York, Mathieu Bouchard
wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> But unfortunately, that method won't tell you want objects are in the
>> libraries that you have.  I think Mathieu Bouchard's IMPD has an
>> object
>> listing feature which hopefully will make it into wide distribution.
>
> The object class browser (and the name completion in edition of
> objectboxes) rely on Pd's loaded classes, not the non-loaded ones,
> though
> after the Tcl side has downloaded the list from the C side, it
> attempts to
> complete the list by adding non-loaded externals. It won't go look
> inside
> non-loaded libraries, though, as it's simply not possible to do so in
> any
> kind of meaningful, reliable way.

This sounds like a good approach and will work well with the packages
since we are moving away from libraries and compiling individual
objects instead.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."

                                                     - Thomas Jefferson