[PD] a tale of two rewraps [thx! + memory use of loaded libs...]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Mon Apr 12 20:22:25 CEST 2004

Hans, Olaf,

Olaf Matthes wrote:

 > 'maxlib_rewrap' instead of 'rewrap' will give you the one from maxlib,
 > don't know how to make sure that the other one will be the one from
 > zexy. I guess you'll have to load the libs in the correct order,
 > probably zexy first, followed by maxlib. But I never tried this.

Thanks much for the tips. I also realized I could build Zexy without the
"rewrap" object, just to be sure. That avoids any ambiguities. But
knowing that the order you load the libs changes things is also good.

Related question: how much memory does it take when a library is loaded?
By which, I mean: would it make sense to not load certain libraries you
know you won't use if the patch you are running is CPU or memory
intensive already?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl