[PD] Help move from .deb to cvs

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 13 08:39:58 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Ian Smith-Heisters hat gesagt: // Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> I've been running PD mostly under Windows, but recently made the
> move to Linux and I've been itching to use PD there. So I installed
> PD using the .deb s (running Debian sarge). However, my itch for
> control, compilation, code, externals and fancy new whatnots can't
> seem to be satisfied except by grabbing the cvs sources and
> compiling them myself. But here's the catch, I've never used cvs. I
> looked at the cvs homepage, but all the information I found seemed
> to pertain to using it for local projects, and starting them from
> scratch. Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for using cvs? Then,
> once I've got cvs figured out, are there any tips for using cvs for
> pd? At this point I won't be contributing, but I'd like to look at
> the source with the eventual aim of contributing here and there.

Using cvs to check out the repository is actually quite simple. YOu
need to install cvs first (apt-get install cvs), then follow the
instructions on the pure-data.sf.net website under "Developers".

Once you have checked out the soruce, you can use just "cvs update" in
that directory to keep them up to date.

Ciao