[PD] CVS comp errors

Ian Smith-Heisters heisters at 0x09.com
Tue Apr 13 20:46:00 CEST 2004

So thanks to Frank Barknecht I got onto cvs, downloaded the pd source and compiled it, easy as pie (it occurs to
me that baking a pie isn't that easy, as we're about to see). So then I downloaded the externals in to my
cvs/pure-data/ directory, alongside the pd directory in cvs/pure-data/ . I cd to externals/build/linux and type
'make' as per the readme. It chugs along for a bit and stopped at loudspeaker.c with a very similar error to
the one below. After some thought and looking at the readme I deleted /src/loudspeaker.c and typed make again
and it chugged further into unknown territories. When I had another error like the first, though, I stopped for
help, because willy-nilly deletion of externals may not be the sharpest strategy. The second error is below.

../src/getenv.c:1:32: ../../motex/getenv.c: No such file or directory
make: *** [getenv.pd_linux] Error 1

I then moved the externals directory into /cvs/pure-data/pd/ thinking that it was looking for a dependency in
the pd directory, typed 'make clean' and tried again, with the same error. Thanks for any help, it's greatly
appreciated.

-Ian Smith-Heisters