[PD] pdp_ffmeg~ & mpeg4

m m.ash at gmx.at
Tue Apr 13 21:26:56 CEST 2004

I found pdp_ffmpeg~  alonf with  ffserver working great except for some "minor"  issues:

- pd segfaults when trying to feed a mpeg4 encoded stream to ffserver.
mspeg4.. codecs  are workin fine though. this happens with pidip-0.12.13 and
all availble ffmpeg version I tried out and compiled against (0.4.8, latest cvs, 2003-03-04..)
is this working for anyone?

- mplayer plays everything, but it seem I cannot get anything out which
make those lousy proprietary players happy....
anyone experienced with ffserver streaming and what players to recommend for playback?

best,
m.