[ot] HTML mails [Was: Re: [PD] chikun]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 14 00:45:28 CEST 2004

Hallo,
carmen hat gesagt: // carmen wrote:

> > Would you please stop sending html-formatted mails? This is a public
> > mailing list.
>
> try something like:
> :0:
> /dev/null
>
> in .procmailrc. perhaps the list's mail reflector has its own procmailrc?

That's one "solution", another would be to just ignore it, but it
would be the first time in about four years I would resort to
filtering out a member's mails, and I don't like doing this.

I'm still confident, that common sense and good behaviour will prevail
in the end. Of course rejecting HTML mails before they even reach the
list would get my support. Many lists I'm on do this. But it's better
to point out the annoyance and hope to get rid of it this way.

Ciao