[PD] elasticity algorithm

Lex Ein lex_ein at f-m.fm
Wed Apr 14 01:16:30 CEST 2004

1. I encourage people NOT to use Hotmail, but instead use fastmail.fm
which is free, fast, 10MB, IMAP&webmail access, and is highly
configurable.  Zero-spam. Webmail ads 1-line tagline.  FULL SSL capable.
  Plain-text sending configurable. Just generally better.

2. FB: see the MUTT faq, http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/faq.html:
===========================
I keep getting HTML attachments.

  Yes. And with recent Mutt versions, there is help. Just add one of
these to your ~/.mailcap:

text/html; lynx -force_html %s; needsterminal;
text/html; elinks -default-mime-type text/html %s; needsterminal;

  Alternatively you can use autoview, which makes mutt display the
attachments inline. Then you have to add set implicit_autoview to your
muttrc and one of these to your ~/.mailcap:

text/html; lynx -dump -force_html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput;
text/html; elinks -dump -dump-charset iso-8859-15 -default-mime-type
text/html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput;

  I recommend elinks over lynx because of its superior HTML rendering.