[PD] pdp_ffmeg~ & mpeg4

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Wed Apr 14 02:47:33 CEST 2004

hi,

m wrote:

>I found pdp_ffmpeg~  alonf with  ffserver working great except for some "minor"  issues:
>
>- pd segfaults when trying to feed a mpeg4 encoded stream to ffserver.
>mspeg4.. codecs  are workin fine though. this happens with pidip-0.12.13 and
>all availble ffmpeg version I tried out and compiled against (0.4.8, latest cvs, 2003-03-04..)
>is this working for anyone?

mm, you mean a mpeg4 container ?
what's your configuration file like ?
i know mpeg4 codecs works fine,
using an mpeg1video container [ old skool ]...

>- mplayer plays everything, but it seem I cannot get anything out which
>make those lousy proprietary players happy....
>anyone experienced with ffserver streaming and what players to recommend for playback?

usually recommended :
mplayer or xine for linux
vlc for other platforms, with some bugs unfortunately.

we'll be testing in 2 days :
http://www.share.dj/anyware/
( oh, i shouldn't say that, our servers are soooo weak ... )

cheers,
sevy