[PD] elasticity algorithm

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Apr 14 10:01:42 CEST 2004

Hallo,
siggmuss hat gesagt: // siggmuss wrote:

> Hi , is there any algorithm to make elasticity in pure-data? i send
> pure-data some elasticity effects made in lingo(director) to control
> sound parameters, like pannings ...and i was asking myself the way of
> doing it  without lingo, just pure-data......

As far as I know, there is no way or external to directly run lingo
code in Pd. I think, you were already recommended thd PMPD collection,
which is just fabulous for modeling physical things. Regarding help
with converting your already done algorithm, some more details would
be nice to know.

You surely can do a lot of programming with the Pd built-in objects,
and do math operations with the [expr] objects, but physical modeling
tends to use quite complex operations. Maybe you're better off to use
another progrmming language instead of Lingo, one that can be used
inside Pd. TCL, Python, Ruby with GridFlow and Scheme come to mind.
All these are either directly supported in Pd or can be made to work
by using some externals.

Oh, and thank you for finding a solution to the html problem. ;)

Ciao