[PD] polyphonic sampler under Pure Data

julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net julien.breval at tremplin-utc.net
Wed Apr 14 19:38:51 CEST 2004

Hello

I would like to program a polyphonic sampler/granular/wavetable machine (with
some special options)

If I understood well, the idea is to use [poly] to control as much copies of the
audio~ subpatch as I want voices
(Besides the 1.poly.synth.pd example, are there other examples showing how to
use [poly] ? I know quite nothing about it)

Also, isn't there a way to allocate multiple voices using only one audio
subpatch, like  [poly~] in Max/MSP ? Or maybe it's useless with Pure Data ?
It doesn't bother me copying a subpatch 16 or 32 times, and connecting them to
[poly], but what if I want 128 or 256 voices, for example ? or if I want to
manage a dynamic number of audio voices in order to save CPU ?

Any information about what deals with polyphony will be appreciated --

cheers,