[PD] Wav file corruption with writesf~

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Apr 14 22:59:07 CEST 2004

Hi,

didn't you see my last response to your post? I repeat below...

thewade wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why my wav files are written corrupted on both my windows and linux machines using [writesf~]?

Sending the message "open -wave -bytes 4 -rate 44100 /tmp/foo.wav"
works for me when I want 32-bit floating point. "-bytes 2" should write
a normal 16 bit wav file. Try using all the flags to write an explicit
header for your wav file instead of no flags and trusting that the
header will come out right.

> Is there a better way to record audio files?

jack + ardour?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl