[PD] adding IEM lib to the CVS

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 15 07:10:46 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, Apr 14, 2004, at 13:16 America/New_York, Frank Barknecht
wrote:

> Hallo,
> Winfried Ritsch hat gesagt: // Winfried Ritsch wrote:
>
>> We and so also Thomas on the IEM have all our libraries on our own
>> CVS . There
>> is, as far I konow,  also a anonymous access, so there is no need for
>> additional devel trees.
>
> I think, that having IEM in CVS is mostly a thing to make packaging
> easier. We could make it somehow readonly the way, Thomas Grill's
> packages are, which AFAIK are overwritten by his own cvs repository
> each night (is this still so?)

It would make packaging easier to have IEMlib in the Pd CVS, but also
it would allow us to check in and maintain changes to IEMlib without
having write access to the IEM CVS, changes like making the IEMlib
objects compile as individual objects in order to get rid of object
conflicts.  Then the IEM people could choose which changes they want to
include in the official version.

I think Thomas Grill's section is still updated automatically from his
CVS, but the automatic part is only necessary since flext is under
development and often changes quite a bit.  For IEMlib, it would be
easier to track releases that mirror the CVS.

.hc

                                     http://at.or.at/hans/