[PD] a tale of two rewraps [thx! + memory use of loaded libs...]

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Thu Apr 15 15:28:33 CEST 2004

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, derek holzer wrote:
>

>>Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>

>>>Whichever version you want, you load that library first in your .pdrc.
>>>

>Actually, I just tested it, and it's whichever library is loaded _last_.
>every class_new() overwrites the previous entry in the class-table (the
>method-table of objectmaker).

In case of the 'rewrap' object, maxlib's rewrap is actually called
'maxlib_rewrap' (that's the real name set in class_new()). the short
name 'rewrap' is set using class_addcreator(), maybe this changes the
bahaviour? Does class_addcreator() overwrite class_new()? - I have to
admit that I never tried it, just wanted a way to make sure to get the
object from maxlib by prepending 'maxlib_' to the object's  names.

Olaf