[PD] -nogui linux troubles

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Apr 18 00:54:28 CEST 2004

Hi all,

getting an installation ready to go, and I have discovered at the last
minute that starting PD with the -nogui option under Linux destroys the
sound.

The audio from my inputs sounds like it is at the wrong sampling rate or
something... unnaturally high or aliased. The sound from a test-tone,
OTOH, is fine. CPU use does not skyrocket, however, like for windoze users.

Patch running normally, of course, acts as it should and sounds fine.

Taking advice from the archives, I have included a [netreceive] object
in my patch, and have explicitly set the sampling rate and various
blocksizes.

Anything else I can try?

TIA,
d.