[PD] Waveform Analysis?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Apr 19 00:16:49 CEST 2004

On Sunday, Apr 18, 2004, at 19:34 America/New_York, vanDongen/Gilcher
wrote:

> On Sunday 18 April 2004 12:04, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>
>> Well, to me, the ability to predict/anticipate in an improvisational
>> setting, and the ability to imitate in realtime, are the same thing.
>> When
>> doing improvisation, you're just hiding the imitation and using it as
>> input for the improvisation generator...
>
> I really like this, because it looks at listening as imitation inside
> your
> head. Thanks, that is a nice metaphor/model.
>
> snip
>>
>> Excuse me, which site are you talking about?
> I was talking about the site in the post I responded to:
>
> http://www.musicbrainz.org/MM/

IIRC, there was a music tagging aspect to this project, but from the
site, it seems like its only the database.  I remembered that there was
someone working on an algorithm to fingerprint audio in a way that
would work across different sound files formats, etc.  All I could
remember was musicbrainz.

____

                     There is no way to peace, peace is the way.
										-A.J. Muste