[PD] mouse or keyboard in

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Apr 20 16:06:15 CEST 2004

Ah I get it.  So the processing of the webcam, midi, polhemus would be
relatively easy in Pd, the tough part would be taking that data and
making it control the mouse pointer.  You'd need to write some kind of
mouse driver.  If you had a mouse driver that took input from a network
socket, then you could use Pd to process everything and send the
control data to that network socket.  If you just wanted to control the
mouse when using Pd, then you could do everything in Pd.

On a side note, in order to use the polhemus in Pd, you could use
[linuxevent] as long as the Linux drivers provide an event system
interface (/dev/input/event2 for example).

.hc